Sunday, January 15, 2006

The "Viz"

I am going to let you in on a secret for the month of January, THE VIZ SUCKS!!!!!! That means the visibility - The distance in which you can see underwater and right now it is about 5 meters. 5 meters of murkiness NO THANKS!!! I would rather do what I always do here at BB, run my mouth, stroll the beach visiting friends. Marcel will be back the end of January and has invited me to accompany him and the DM's to the Similan islands. The Simis are a group of islands of the West coast of Thailand in the Andaman sea and are known for the BIGUNS!!!! big pelagics like the manta ray and the whale shark!! But he warns that I should have my advanced open water and we will be doing 4 dives a day no matter ocean conditions. He also describes other things such as currents and stuff I have not had to deal with in the safety of Koh Tao. It sounds sooo intense!

No comments: