Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year

I ring in 07 in typical Koh Tao style, hanging with friends on the beach. At midnight they release the Khom Loi which are these huge paper lanterns that take away ill will and send your dreams and wishes into the heavens. It is very moving to see the sky filled with everyones dreams and wishes. Check out this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN7jhXlYEc8&feature=related

SPEEDO INCIDENT

It is beautiful out and the beaches are packed with partygoers ringing in the new year. I see two of my BB girls take down some guys wearing a Speedo with an elephant on the front and the trunk, you guessed it, is HIS trunk. One thing that is consistent on this island is peoples hatred of Speedos. They are called banana hammocks, budgie smuglers (thanks Aussies)amongst other things and the one thing you can count on if you see someone in one, someone will undoubtedly yell HEY, NO SPEEDOS!!! Just when I spot this offender was the same time I see Marlene and Kirsty tackle him and they are trying to pull the elephant from his pants!!!

This night included the usual shenanigans and laughter! This has been the best holiday season of my life!

No comments: