We fly to Bangkok instead of the driving because it is flooded badly between Siem Reap and Thailand. YAY! I love it! We say goodbye to Brian, my roomie Laeticia, Mark and Lisa here in Siem Reap, but I travel on with Marie and Paul.
Bangkok is bustling with cars and motorcycles, tuk tuks, wats and palaces and my fave...... MARKETS!!
It is hot as hell here and everywhere I go I am sweating like crazy. I go big with the markets which means straight to Chatuchat (AKA the JJ Market) Market. It is massive with all sorts of wonderful things to buy. They have furniture (really good stuff), craft kind of things, pillows, sinks, jewelry, I really have hit the MOTHER LODE! The things I really like are unique things for the home but seeing how I am homeless right now, my stuff will go into storage. But I am just eyeballing it for now because I will be back at the end of my stay to fly out of Bangkok, so I must give myself a couple of days to hit this heavenly spot and ship things home.
My hotel the first night the Granville (the Intrepid hotel) has a great restaurant on the roof where you can see the Royal Palace and other monuments and wats, but I got a great deal on Chateau de Bangkok and I head over there the next day. The Chateau is much more posh with a nice big bathtub. I will enjoy this because who knows when I will find such a place at such a price again? It is so smoggy here in Bangkok that when I got across town to my new hotel my sinuses were screaming and clogged which led me to another cold………..or is it malaria?
Mark and Lisa think they are heading down to southern Thailand where the beaches are and I think that sounds like a GREAT idea and I love the beach. I think I would recoup from my cold/malaria better if I were on a beach as opposed to going north looking at temples and riding elephants.
No comments:
Post a Comment