Saturday, April 07, 2007

Go West Young Woman!

I hit London HARD! my plan is to only be a couple of days because the exchange SUCKS! It is literally 2 for 1! In case you don't understand, that means the All mighty American dollar is worth exactly 50 cents! I was trying to get my laptop fixed and it took a few more days than expected. I am here only a few days and I am followed around that a constant, slurping sound which is my money being sucked from my wallet! I....must.....get...out....NOW!!!! I leave the lappie,get my hair braided and get on the first plan going to uh.........Spain! No there's rain in Spain, uh......Germany! Dusseldorf that's it! I will visit my friend Stefan I met in Delhi.

Dussy is sunny and nice, a little cool but perfect! I found out Stefan is in Stuttgart working and won't be back until next week. I will work on my blog for a few days and then head to Amsterdam for a few.

PIG!, PIG! and more PIG! or should I say SCHWEIN!!!!

I past by this place everyday, several times a day that has what looks like roast pig on a spit in the window and after 2 days I get up the courage to go in and ask. I believe it is schweinbraten and after eating chicken for 3 weeks in India, my lips are ready for a change. I get it to go with a side of salat and Kraut salat. When the lady asked "would you like some crackling with that?" I said "cracklin?", the Southerner in me absolutely LOSE IT!!!!

This is the part of traveling alone, I find difficult. When there is something so good, you want to share. Some things can be talked about, but others must be experienced and this pig, oh yea was one of them.`

No comments: