Apr 23, 2007 Zuerich Start slideshow
Facebook Twitter MySpace EmailShare this blog with your friends -
I was invited to come to Zurich by Elisabeth a new friend I met while camping in Australia. Her two girls Lilith and Artemis hiked the bunny hike with me while the others went off to do the double blacks.
I arrive 2 days early to hang out in the city of Zurich where I meet my friend Thomas I met at Big Blue. Thomas took me to the dark side....of Zurich that is. Like most people, the residents of Zurich would never admit they have a dark side, let alone go there. Well it was actually quite rough. Prostitutes and drug dealers everywhere. I even got to watch the cops search some dealers which included them having to pull out their tools and lift up their balls!
One disadvantage to staying near the train station is you are expected to walk to the hotel which if I were carrying the backpack that I see most travellers with, no problema, but when you are lugging about 40 kilos, which is about 80 pounds of stuff, it is a bit more difficult. I am certain if I held my arms out my right would be longer. I guess the best thing is my arms are really tight
Elisabeth lives in the town of Meilen about 45 minutes from Zurich. Her beeeeeauuutiful home is built into a hill. I am on level -1(one of the sublevels) of a 5 level house. I was concerned at first of how I was to lug my 35k then found out LO AND BEHOLD!!!!! an elevator. This is the first in my life of seeing a full size elevator in someones home. The house is full of light and energy and when I get here the flowers are unseasonably in bloom and it is 80 almost everyday. We enjoy the outside by having dinner every night on the porch. Surrounding this area is rolling hills with wildflowers everywhere! Elisabeth is an artist and her home is full of her works and works of artist frienids. The front of the home over looks a garden and you can see Lake Zurich which is an incredible view.
We hang out during the week and enjoy the lake, we shop at a flea market (oh yea). Lots of beautiful country drives and visiting friends. I felt like a kid in Florida again when we hiked over to friends house which involved climbing the hill in Elisabeths backyard, crossing a meadow, going down into a small ravine and crossing the stream. We stopped to taste this grass that is related to the scallion that you can actually cook with, finally down a winding country road past farms and field of dandelions. The energy of this place is amazing, i could live here forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment