Thursday, March 29, 2007

Immigration - Take 2

The funniest thing about having to go to immigration is, you would think as much as I HATED this process, I would not be eager to repeat this which is exactly what has happened!!!! Messing around with friends and shopping to my hearts content, shipping out packages, I forgot I had to be out of the country on March 20th and when I got to the airport on the 25th (yes I said the 25th!), they would not let me board and was sent back to immigration. I just figured since they were always trying to get money out of you somehow, they would be eager to extort a ridiculous amount of rupees at the airport, like they do in Thailand. YEAH!

So I am back to the same hotel in Carol Bagh and luckily the same room. And let me add that the grueling two day immigration process, I found out has become a grueling THREE day process! On the DL, I was chit chatting with everyone and managed to keep the two day process by being friendly. I chat up one of the final stampers and she asks me when my flight is, I say 0200, she tells me if the lady up front will sign off, so will she.....

I absorb everything one last time on that afternoon and savor my last buttered chicken meal with vegetable pulao, I look at everything on the semi empty streets on the way to the airport. I have found that you either LOVE, LOVE India or you hate it and I am in LOVE all over again.

No comments: