Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Paris!!!!!

I love Paris in the Springtime, I love Paris in the Fall..... There are no words to describe how much I love Paris. I decide to head to Paris instead of heading to my Italia adventure when I find out my Big Blue Instructor friend Guillaume (Master G) is back home for a couple of weeks. And since I have the unlimited eurail, I go just because I can.

It is so weird seeing G in anything other than a swim or wetsuit. I must say he is the tallest French around. We walk around the (i can't think of it right now) neighborhood, checking out shops and walking down alleyways. We lunch at some cute little place, walked pass the Sorbonne and sat in the gardens around the school.
I love Paris more each time I go. I stay in the Bastille area because that is where I stayed on my first visit. I did not get to see my friend Agnes this time but enjoy it anyway. Bastille has the best market in all of Paris.

I spend the week soaking in Paris, sitting in outdoor cafes and walking around different neighborhoods. I still haven't made it to the Louvre yet but next time.

I really did not take very many pictures on this trip because I was seeing spots I had already seen before, but this time I make it up to Sacre Coeur and the view is incredible!

I arrived in Paris to protesters (which meant I had to schlep my stuff a few blocks to the hotel). It is election time and it is between Sarkozy and Royal and it is crazy! You can hear the protests from the hotel. The violence of the elections was seriously played down as on my way to the train station the next morning, I could see overturned cars and shattered window fronts that have been destoyed by protesters. I still love you Paris!

No comments: