Let me preface this a bit with the fact that there are very high seas, to the point that we are going into Christmas and are unable to receive supplies due to no boats being able to come into port. But I still must do my visa run......
I sit up top outside because inside is going to be a PUKEFEST!!! I make my way upstairs to the top deck and the VIP room is full so I sit outside. As the boat takes off and about 5 minutes into the ride, giant waves come over the side of the boat and hit me square in the face. It is either this or downstairs in the pukefest. To make a long story short, the boat was pitching and rolling so badly, that I could not move for fear of being bucked off the boat, so I sat my ground. Me and one other brave soul who did not dare sit around everybody puking. But what we did not know is that sitting outside meant we would be hit with every wave the boat hit for the next 2 hours.
We arrive at our destination and Gorgeous Gwill from the Isle of Man (WOW) and some other Asia Divers come out of the V.I.P. room looking all dry and delicious! meanwhile I am soaked to my underwear!
We get to Ranong and instead of shuttling between immigration office and the pier, we pull up to what looks like a Country Club entrance. Even our boat is a proper semi-military looking pleasure craft. This time not to whisk us a way through dodgy waters stopping by men with machine guns, NO this time we head to a private island, get on a tour bus and are taken to a 5 star resort!!! If you don't believe check out the site: http://www.andamanclub.com/
I will say no more but let the pictures do the talking.
No comments:
Post a Comment