When I get back I wanted to log two more dives to get me to 30, but after diving the Similans......I log 1 dive. I am diving with Kristy and the viz is shit, we get lost in the murkiness and end up one helluva swim from the boat. I guess since we had just come back from the Simmies, Marcel, who is the king of the boat, took pity on us and had us picked up White Manta fashion.
Saying goodbye to my friends at Big Blue was one of the hardest things I have had to do in a long time. It's amazing how people and a place can become a part of you. I am a confident diver which is what I came here for (thanks Alex and Darren). It will be hard to give up my post of Big Blue Psychologist/Big Sister. It's amazing that my "fans" have become "friends" and I came to fingers pointing and snickers and leave with waves and warm smiles.
I have had friends leave "the Rock" and go on to better diving in Thailand, but they always say that even though they have seen better underwater, there is something about the "spirit" of "Turtle Island" that they don't get in any other place.
While Koh Tao itself is magickal as well as the waters surrounding it, I suspect if I was on any tropical island with the same group of people, it would be as hard to leave.
So, one more 1.5 hour boat ride and an 8 hour bus ride and I will be back in Bangkok.
Good Bye Big Blue and thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment