I cry myself halfway to Bangkok then sleep the other half. I am staying at the place I started, who should I see but my Kiwi Intrepid guide Brian, starting off a new group of recruits. He asked me to say a few words to the group about what they were in for with Intrepid. I was able to turn their wide-eyed apprehension into wide-eyed enthusiasm!!! YAY!!! Did I look like that before my tour?
This hotel is OK, everything is clean, nothing too fancy but they do have an amazing rooftop restaurant and bar from which you can see the Royal Palace and some beautiful temples. There is so much more to explore in Bangkok, but for now I will be content with ending my trip with shopping at the JJ (Chatuchat) market, ship my stuff home (by the way the shipper lived in Jacksonville Florida), fight with the Cathay city ticket office over them losing my seat and then head to the airport, all of this with a cold!
Thailand is an unexpected love as is all of Asia and to think I was just going to pass through. I have found another place on this planet that I call home.
kap kun ka......
No comments:
Post a Comment