As I am flying into Delhi, I take a look again at my visa in my passports as I get things ready for immigration. I love looking at them because this trip is still surreal to me. All of this time I am thinking that I have until 11/03/07 to arrive into Delhi, but now I am looking at my visa with a little travel experience under my belt, not to mention three visa runs which included a three border crossings. In the US this is November 3, 2007 AND TO THE REST OF THE WORLD, it is March 11, 2007 which means what???!!!!!! Today is March 7th and my tour starts March 9th and returns March 19th, so I will spend the next two days, not shopping as anticipated or site seeing or even absorbing Delhi but in the immigration office for a visa extension.
I explain how I ended up in immigration and of course everyone laughs and it is especially funny to this young, Danish guy and every time he sees me he bursts out laughing saying crazy American. I meet a nice German guy Stefan from Düsseldorf and we hang out for the afternoon. We have lunch around at a restaurant in Connaught Place. It is amazing how you don't get hassled as much when you are with a man, especially a big man. Although a guy copped a feel of my breast when Stefan was about 5 feet away from me!
I start to see why women don't like India because when I drop Stefan off in front of the ever impressive Jama Masjid, I noticed it is insanely crowded, not just regular crowded, but CHINA crowded and get this, 98% of the people I see on the street are MEN!!!!! That is very intimidating to any woman.
Old Delhi is beautiful and well, "OLD". We pass by the Lal Qil'ah or the Red Fort as it is lit for the night. My first day here and India is already taking my breath away.
No comments:
Post a Comment