I don't know if I mentioned I had no plans to go to Asia at all, but since it was included in the round the world ticket, I narrowed down where I would go by the structures of the ancient world I have always wanted to see which were: The Great Wall of China, Angkor Wat and The Taj Mahal. Being in Agra and seeing the Taj represents the end of the segment of my trip where I learned the most.
I understand that two of my ancient wonders of the world were not around when the original 7 were named, but the Taj Mahal truly is a wonder of the world. My "Virgin View" (that first time you lay eyes on your object and the feelings and emotions associated with it)of the Taj was incredible,shocking, jaw dropping and amazing! When you see it in pictures you are stunned, but when you see it in person, it is unbelievable.
When you get there you must either take off your shoes or cover your shoes with these soft footy things, but I decide to walk barefoot. I want to absorb as much as much of this wonder as possible plus it would give everybody something else to stare at. Thank goodness, I had given myself a pedicure before I left Thailand with red painted toes and a dive flag on the biggies. The funny thing is I was so entranced by this work of art, I hardly noticed people staring and when I did, I did not care.
The marble was very soft underfoot and everything was immaculate. We did not get to spend very much time there which was too bad as I would have liked to have seen a sunrise or sunset over the Taj or just walk around and absorb more. The idea that a man created this for his love is more astounding when you see it up close. All of intricate inlay of color on the white marble are different semi-precious stone brought in from all over Asia. I was still in Taj Mahal land when I hit the streets and the touts started on me. I hardly noticed them. I have seen all three of my monuments my trip to Asia is complete.
The Red Fort is beautiful but I am still in the Taj glow, I don't really hear much our guide is saying although he is very thorough. The architecture is incredible with so many beautiful archways. My favorite are the ones where you can see the Taj Mahal through them.
SWASTIKA
The swastika is used all over Asia as it is an auspicious symbol. It is sad that this ancient symbol represents evil to the whole Western world, while in Asia, it represents nothing but good. It is worth the read by wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika
No comments:
Post a Comment