Darwin reminds me of a college town, there are tons of young people with lots of bars and outdoor restaurants. I am staying at a get this "youth hostel" while I am here. I did not book more than one day because I was not sure if I would do a multi day Kakadu safari. I went to a festival next to the ocean when I got here which was nice because you could see a beautiful sunset as well as loads of crafts and great didge music.
I was warned by a lady at the hostel after she heard me talking about the beautiful beach where the festival was, that that beach was known for having "Salties" (salt water crocodiles) and that the people I saw swimming there were idiots.
I have had a lie about for the last two days (was not feeling well) and because this hostel is booked solid, I must be in a get this........6 share tonight. It is so nice to see young women traveling on their own. I feel like such a wimp. Tomorrow I will do a day tour to Kakadu.
No comments:
Post a Comment