I head out North from Perth at the butt-crack of dawn with Planet Perth. We will travel up about half the coast of Western Oz.
I am clearly the oldest person on the bus being joined by a group of 20, early 20-somethings. Our first stop is the Pinnacles desert. Here there are thousands of limestone pillars all over this desert. It is an incredible sight because the sun is sooo strong and the contrast of the sand against the blue sky is amazing. We hike around a bit, looking at the different and "famous" formations and then hit the road again.
We stay at the Big River Ranch for the night, which is a farmstay located in Kalbarri. Nice fire, nice food and it doesn't get better than a dog running around named "Dunny brush". I have a nice quiet room with the "Dunny" down the hall.
No comments:
Post a Comment