Thursday, August 24, 2006

OK, I can admit it, I am a geek! The reason I came to WA is because I saw a picture of the Hamelin Pool which is home to some of the oldest organisms on the PLANET!!!...Stromatolites! This is cyanoalgae which is found only a few places on earth.

We bed down for the night at what used to be a sheep ranch. This ranch has been in this family for 5 generations. It is amazing that we are so far out in the bush but so close to the ocean. Out here you can see every star it seems like. I have come to instantly recognise the Southern Cross and Orion (Thank you Men In Black). Our kitchen is set up in what was an old shearing barn. I love it out here. During this tour, I opted for a private room and this one is by far the best of them all.

In fact, Laura told me I should not show any one on the tour because they will be extremely jealous. Although I still had to use the outside dunny just like everybody else. Thank God it is not summer because I can see how spiders would be all over the place. There are also emus and kangaroos on this farm and as a surprise a baby kangaroo is brought in. I had been bleeting on about baby kangaroos and everyone was sick of the stories until......they got to hold one. We head out at the butt crack of dawn because Surf's UP!!!!!

Not that kind of surf, but the Sand!!! I opt out because my thighs and ass is still screaming from when I gorged myself, plus getting to the top is a workout alone. I watch everybody having fun and get some great shots of everybody hanging ten.

We then stop at a wine tasting on our way back to Perth and believe it or not, I got a small buzz and had a mini hangover the next day (sweet wine). We are back in Perth the end of the day to say our goodbyes. It is amazing how close you come to complete strangers after sharing such an adventure as the Planet Perth tours.

No comments: