Named after the Afghan cameleers who did so much to open up Central Australia. For many years camel teams supplied the telegraph, railways and pastoral stations with supplies, no matter how isolated or far away they were. The Ghan travels from Adelaide and arrives two days later in Darwin. I am picking it up in Alice Springs and will arrive in Darwin 15 hours later.
When i get on, I see Maja whom I met earlier at the baby kangaroo rescue. Well 15 minutes after we start out we get the offer to move to the next car, where no one is and we can have a bank of seats to ourselves. YAY!!!!! We chat with another youngin Libby who is going to Darwin to look for a job. She is from England and have been working around Oz for the last 10 months. The train is smoothe and relaxing (until it comes time to sleep).
We stop in Katherine to do a gorge tour. I see my first croc...a freshie and ...a baby. We shuttle into Darwin. Nice
No comments:
Post a Comment