We are up at the butt-crack of dawn to see the sun rise over Uluru! Uluru does not disappoint with the changing of colours as she came alive in the sunlight, is an incredible sight. It is very cold but I don't mind, Uluru is about to wake up!
We head over to Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) after the sun is fully in the sky. Everybody rushs up the hill and I stay behind bird watching and taking pictures. At Uluru there are parts that are considered sacred, at Kata Tjuta the whole park is sacred. Kata Tjuta, meaning many heads to the Aborigines, is a group of more than 30 rounded red masses of rock rising out of the ground.
I rather like getting left behind because I discovered something in my solitude....The rocks tell a story. As I sit quietly on the ground, soaking in the spirit of Kata Tjuta, I can hear the wind whipping through the crevices and around the rocks. The trail is gravel and you can hear nothing moving along its path as my group did, so they gave me a gift when they left me behind.
No comments:
Post a Comment