Monday, August 28, 2006

Sydney

When I arrived in Sydney, I fell in love right away. Any place with a Krispy Kreme MUST be the a glorious civilization! I am staying at Sydneys' most famous beach, Bondi at the Bondi Beach Youth Hostel. Bondi is a cute little beach area with little shops and outdoor restaurants and a very lively nightlife scene.

I switch rooms after I see that I have a co-ed share of the bathroom with some youngsters who look like they have not bathed in a year! I am now in a room with an ensuite that has a window that over looks the ocean where I can see the sun come up every morning. I think anything associated with the word “suite” or resort should have a certain amount of stars associated with it and therefore misleading for any room in a hostel.

I head down to Sydney Harbour for a cruise. I run into a family of Vietnamese women who want pictures with me. I don't know what that is about but the guy at the ticket counter wants to know who I am.

We cruise pass some beautiful islands with huge mansions. It is so relaxing out on the water. It seems everyone is out on their yacht today. If you look closely at the Harbour Bridge, you can see the people climbing it.

On this trip I am totally flying by the seat of my pants, so I am making plans as I go. I will be Sydney a bit longer than planned as I am applying for my Chinese, Vietnam and India visas and must wait for them to come back. I get my Chinese visa in 24 hours, how is that for efficient! India will take a week!

The country is in mourning because Steve Irwin died! He actually was more popular in the states than here in Oz. Very sad, I absolutely loved him, he really made me want to see Australia. He will be missed.

On my last day, I say goodbye to the great Bondi staff and the great Bondi beach, pick up my visa, head to the airport for some Krispy Kremes and my flight. I treat my taxi driver to two Krispys as he is a KK virgin. I HAVE VOWED TO KRISPY KREME THE WORLD!!!!!

Back in Melbourne!!!! YAY, I bring David some Krispys and he is in heaven.

I have to get organized and pack and send stuff home. HOW DID I BRING THIS MUCH STUFF TO OZ ANYWAY!!??

No comments: